Friday, October 21, 2011

Adventures in the Celestial City - Off to Beijing

Yes, that's right - it's time for another road trip.  This time, it's my first-ever visit to the People's Republic of China; I'll be spending two weeks in Beijing.  I'll be sure to hit the major sights--the Great Wall, the Palace Museum, Tian'anmen Square and the Forbidden City--but you know I'll be looking for the interesting stuff-on-the-street and delicious hole-in-the-wall restaurants that hide in every city.  Of course, there will also be Chinese beer, which will be something of an adventure in itself if the various reviews I've read are to be believed.

Nonetheless, I'm going to try to take the same approach as I did with my recent visit to Osaka.  I'll take candid shots with my Blackberry and upload them to Flickr for your entertainment and comment.  I'll also be tweeting with the #BeijingWes hashtag, if you want to search for it (or filter it!)...

I wonder if they'll sell me a copy of Mao's Little Red Book?  That would make an interesting conversation piece...

Ah, well, time to rest up for my flight; it's 13 hours, and I don't sleep on airplanes...

No comments: